Monday, April 09, 2007

Urgent leave

Dear all

Extract taken from Wikipedia:
Bawean is entirely Muslim, though this is heavily blended with shamanism and folk animism. For instance, the prevailing belief on the island is that if you swim in Teraga Kastoba, the crater lake, you will become cursed and die.

Was at home on Saturday night when my grandma fell sick. I mean, very sick. But sick in that way, if you know what I mean. My family is Boyanese and our ancestors hail from the Bawean Islands in Indonesia. Throughout the night and till the next morning, I was awake running errands here and there and keeping watch on my grandma. My relatives and a neighbour was also here to give 'support'. What an experience. Fearing for the worst, we prepare ourselves. However in the morning, my grandma's back to normal.

The same uncles, aunties and cousins who came last night and left early morning next day visited us again today plus even more relatives. I feel restless and following my instinct, I took out my camera and start snapping. Had great fun taking family pictures.

Heres some for you all to enjoy.

Then. Now. Then.
Now. Me and Grandma. Don't mind my eyebags.
Grandchildrens and grandma. She had eleven in total.

Hoping for the best. Take care all.
Helmi

1 comment:

chinggg said...

what a loving family :) hope ur granny is fine