Saturday, April 14, 2007

Nikon - At the Heart of the Image

Dear all

13/04/2007

Currently conducting training for new and existing colleagues. The 2nd of 4 days. So far so good. After work yesterday, headed to Vivocity with Dearie for dinner and some window-shopping. Something to point out though. We had just reached Vivocity when spotted an exhibition for Sony Digicams. Also on display was a Sony DSLR, not sure of model though. Decided to just have a look and feel of the camera. As soon as the salesperson saw me holding the camera, he started to explain of the camera functions, specialities, how good the camera is, what a good buy it is, blah, blah, blah. Hehe, my trusty Nikon DSLR however is in my bag. I feel like wanna take out my Nikon and tell him how good mine is but no, I'm not so mean.

See what I mean of my Nikon.

A closer look of the same picture.

After that, was looking around for a place to eat but many other Singaporeans also happen to be hungry at the same time as us. We went here and there but the eating places was full. No tables at all. Argh, forget it. Decided to buy movie tickets first before having our meal but abandon our plans as the selection of movies are not to our liking. Drop by the Canon shop which is just beside the cinema hall. I must say that Canon lenses are slightly cheaper than Nikon but still, I love my camera. We finally found a table at Long John Silvers. While having dinner, spotted Ibrahim, my old Assistant Front Ofiice Manager. Such a coincidence.

After dinner, accompany Dearie to look at clothes before we sat down and slack outside.

The tall skinny snowman at Vivocity.

Dearie took this photo while learning the autofocus function of my camera.

Gotcha. Taken secretly.

Take care all

Helmi

4 comments:

chinggg said...

best pix:

1) the one with ur finger coz its taken by me

2) the one u took of me coz im in de pic.

Helmi said...

Of course, credit is all yours

Anonymous said...

Hmm...can say that there's this 'old man' out there EVERYWHERE!!
I've met him,you've met him. A busy man out there but i dunno... whenevr i bum into him in the street, i feel lucky. Busy 'OLDMAN' can still wander around the street and surprisingly... ALONE!!

S@DiQ

Helmi said...

Let me guess this old man is Ibrahim