Saturday, June 09, 2007

The last of the morning shift

Dear all

Finally on my last morning shift. Work was busy, won't comment much. Had dinner with Sadiq, Chandran, Faizal, Norain and Suew after work at Thai Express. Emily joined us a while later. Had such a good laugh with Faizal and Sadiq entertaining us with their antics. Its been a while since we all had a good laugh.

Went back shortly to rest before going to pick up dearie at 10pm from Downtown East chalet. Guess what, I fall asleep on my bed and woke up at 11pm instead. 13 missed calls and 2 messages on my handphone from dearie. I'm screwed big time. In record time, I arrived at 11.45pm. Had to ride fast to meet her, 120 km/h on SLE and TPE. Luckily, traffic was smooth . Hope I'm not caught by any Traffic Police speed trap. Proceeded to JB to pump petrol for my bike before going back to Bencoolen for Supper. Coincidentally, met an old friend Hafiz there. We were porters together back then but he has now moved on to another property. Exchanged news and think back of the old times at work together. Left shortly for home.

Just now, informed dearie of my plans of our intended upcoming holiday. Thought of touring Malaysia on my bike, visiting different cities in a span of a week. Cheaper alternative as transportation costs is taken care of. However, the downside is my bike has to be in tip-top condition which sadly now is far from so. The logistics needed far outweights the advantages. And touring on a bike is a bit rugged which I doubt dearie would want as she's very 'gu niang', hehe. Of course, my ideal holiday plan would be to backpack in different countries say like Malaysia, Thailand and Cambodia. However, this met with fierce rejection from dearie.

Anyway, I guess all my plans won't be a reality. Just can hope only. Sigh.

Helmi

4 comments:

chinggg said...

"this met with fierce rejection from dearie"

where got fierce?? im ok with backpacking leh.... im actually fine with travellin' around in m'sia with ur bike (yah now i say with UR bike... not OUR bike). so it's not totally a rejection :))

Helmi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helmi said...

Yay, she agreed. I have it now in black and white.

FrankieThai said...

Mimi, if you going Thailand, jio me, ok? But I meet you there, ya?... Sorry lah, I must travel in style with my luggage. :-P