Tuesday, June 12, 2007

IPPTless

Dear all

11 June


On afternoon shift. Knocked off slightly earlier as I have IPPT the next morning at 0845hrs. Before going home though, dropped by Mustafa Centre as needed to buy a pair of shoes for my IPPT. So last minute as I forgot that I had no sports shoe. Wanted to buy a shoe which cost about $40 but the brand, model and outlook was disappointing. Wanna get the tried and proven brands like Nike, Reebok, Adidas etc, but the price was way over my budget. Resigned myself to geting a pair from an unknown brand when I spotted a nice Adidas shoe. Its on offer, $67. IPPT, here I come.


Reached home and wanted to sleep immediately but there's MotoGP on TV. Yahoo!!! Too bad Valentino Rossi did not win but came in second instead.

12 June

Woke up at 7am after like 4 hours of sleep. Was caught in the rain on the way to Jurong Division but still arrive there at 0815hrs. Was looking for the reporting officer when I was informed that I had gone to the wrong place. Can't be I said, its stated clearly on the reporting letter. Anyway, the other place is at Home Team Academy, 10 mins away if I ride slightly faster. So in the rain, without my raincoat, I ride (or shall I say speed) to HTA feeling like I'm V.Rossi. Reached there on time at 0845hrs.

Guess what, today is the first day of enlistment for Police National Service. So theres a tour for the families and friends, some on guided tours, some just loitering everywhere. And there are many of them. How to take the IPPT. And the other thing was that, there's no instructor to conduct our IPPT. Called up the reservist office and was told that since its raining, they assume we would not turn up. We were like, why wouldn't we turn up when you send to us SMSes informing us that we will be charged if we are not present. The reservist office told us to wait and they will send someone over to take attendance. What a long wait. They turned up at around 1030hrs. Was informed to wait for another reporting notice for the IPPT. Bloody waste of time, waste of my money buying the new shoe. On my way out of HTA, dropped by the souvenir shop. Came out of there buying a new police shirt and umbro shorts, to be use on my next IPPT.

Since its near the cemetery, visited Grandma's grave. Her grave is being made up by the caretakers there. Hope it will be done soon.

Dearie came to my house in the afternoon. Poor dearie, she just had a fall at her house and sprained her left ankle. I won't elaborate on her fall here, go ask her yourself. We slacked a while before playing badminton in the early evening. Pity dearie again, she had another fall while playing and bruised her right elbow. Medic Helmi to the rescue. Patched her elbow with some ointment and plasters. My new police shirt which dearie wore was stained with blood from her elbow. And its only 6 hours old, hehe. My little brothers and cousins came back shortly and we continue to play. Went up at around 6pm. Entertained my little brothers in the living room before I dozed off on the armchair, hehe. It's too comfortable mah.

Still on OFF tomorrow.

Helmi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

poor siew ching....

dunno why, but that portion of the blog seemed very funny to me. was laughing all the way :P

-nickole-

inoemieself said...

woah!!! Nice backdrop!!
fuiyoh!!!