Thursday, June 07, 2007

Badminton Tournament

Dear all

Was OFF on Tuesday so me and Dearie took time to visit my Grandma's cemetery. Laid some flowers for her. It all seems like just yesterday when she say her goodbye to this world. It all feels like a dream. After that, we headed to Causeway point for lunch. We each had spaghetti. Window shopped a while before I decided to buy another pair of badminton racquets. Already bought 2 previously for my little brothers. Went home with the thought of me, my little brothers and dearie playing badminton together.

Heres the fun part, imagine my shock with what I saw under the block. My brothers and neighbours were all playing badminton together. Its like a tournament was being held there. Most of the 2nd floor household was present with the small kids to the mothers to the maids. Before long, 3rd floor make their entrance as well. Dearie was an instant attraction as she got along well with the kids. Now I'm hooked on badminton.

Yesterday was my first morning shift as a DM during a full house. Beginning of the shift, was calling other hotels to find rooms as afraid the hotel might be overbooked and have to turn away guests. Nearer to the end of the shift, was calling other hotels if they needed rooms as theres a lot of cancellations and we might not run full. So funny. Mum ask me to go back early as Granddad has a dinner appointment with his friends and I need to take care of my brothers. Reached home at 6pm to find only granddad there. My maid and little brothers were out with my auntie. As soon as I lay on my bed, Im out. Only woke up near to midnight. Hehe.

Worked the morning shift again today. Total of 4 log entries, 2 carpet stains, 1 case of guest scalded by hot water and another case of service shortfall. Hope my jinx is not coming back. After worked, rushed home immediately. Why, badminton of course, hehe. Now, I'm really hooked on badminton. However, the passion for badminton has a sacrifice. My palm has a blister due to incorrect handling of the racquet and my 2003 Christmas gift (Adidas sandal) was torn. Gotta wear shoes next time.

Helmi

3 comments:

chinggg said...

ur 2003 xmas prezzie is authentic Adidas or fake 1

Helmi said...

Its original K

FrankieThai said...

Hey Ching, it's definitely the Original! Cos I was one of them who shared the present. :-)

Mimi, don't worry lah, you are doing very well as a DM! At least you have balance out your life; stressed at work but badminton after work... :-)