Saturday, March 31, 2007

The loss of my wisdom

Our first long-journey MRT ride together

Dear all

Currently on MC. This is what happens. Was on the MRT on way to work for midnite shift when I experienced this terrible toothache. This was followed by a headache. I was shaking and so in pain. Called my workplace to enquire of any 24hrs dental clinic. Sandra, my colleague gave me a number. Thankfully the dentist answered and an appointment was set at 1/2 hr later. Apparently, he's at home and will rush down to the clinic. Made my way to the clinic and waited outside. Pace here and there waiting for the dentist to arrive. Some time later, received a call from the nurse informing me that they are held up and will be late. Great just great. My tooth still hurts. Decided to smoke at the staircase while waiting. However when I finished my cigarette, I realised that its a one-way entry door and I cannot open the door from my side.

No choice. I got to go down from the 4th to 1st floor and then take the lift up again, all this while with my throbbing toothache and headache bothering me. Once at 4th floor, continue with my pacing here and there while waiting. Shortly later, they arrived. Yippee. Very fast registration and I'm seated in the chair. The cause of my toothache, my wisdom tooth. The upper left one. Goodbye then wisdom tooth. It was such a painful extraction. The dentist said that the roots of that teeth is curved hence the difficulty with the extraction. After that, my gums was stitched up. Phew, I feel so much better after that. The feeling is like from terrible headache and toothache to instant ease. However now my gums started to feel the pain as the painkiller is loosing its effect. Ouch.

Cost of the bill, S$250. Not sure whether cheap or expensive as long time never visit the dentist. Furthermore, its after opening hours and near to midnight as well, so I won't dispute on that. Hope I can claim it from the company.

On Tuesday, went for a job interview at another property. Regretted going there. The place did not leave any lasting impression on me. The building looks run-down and did not look like a hotel as well. The front desk, err. Thats the thing, theres no front desk. Its just 3 tables acting as the front desk counter. The executive lounge is even in the lobby itself. Even though the salary offered was better, I'm having second thoughts if I can work there. What I can foresee is that I will not be happy there. I must point this out though. The Human Resources Manager is really multi-skilled, she can MSNed while interviewing me.

On Wednesday, me and dearie watched the movie Mr Bean's holiday. Quite funny but the first movie is better in my opinion. After the movie, collected my camera which I reserved 2 weeks back. Nikon D40. Yay. Snap a few pics and impressed by the image quality. Can't wait for my off day to fully test the camera. Photshoot in April and Sandra's wedding in May. Hehehe, feeling professional photographer.

Take care all. Remember to visit the dentist

Helmi

No comments: