Thursday, July 05, 2007

7 entries.

Dear all

Today was the day I wished I would not have to go through again. 7 log entries in total. 1 alarm activated, 1 missing item from room, 1 found property, 1 medical assistance, 1 taxi driver dispute with guest and 2 loss and found items in guest rooms. The worst was the missing item from the room. The guest was just so hard to appease. Anyway, I will not elaborate on the entries. Will just take it as a learning experience.

2 good things happened today and will be in my memories. Firstly, theres this very famous malay singer currently staying in-house. She called up and request for my assistance in the room. Hehe, I kept my cool when face to face with her. Even though shes not my kind of favourite singer, shes a legend though. And shes so funny, haha.

Secondly, the medical assistance case. An Indonesian old lady was sick and feeling cold. I attended to her, bringing a hot pack and some ointment to her. Made her a cup of tea as well. Before leaving the room, I covered her with a duvet. Funny thing was, I did not complained at all in my mind . I was sincere in helping her and really wished I could do more. When I stepped out of the room, then only I realised that the old lady reminds me of my grandma. I'm used to caring for my grandma and its like second nature for me.

How I miss the times when I cared for my grandma.

Thank you.
Helmi

No comments: