Friday, August 31, 2007

What a day

Dear all

Work was busy, famous artiste checked-in today. Not many fans turned up though. Wonder if his popularity is dropping. On another matter, General Manager supported me in a decision which I made. I'm so touched. Started work today at 0700hrs, completed at 2015hrs. Damn exhausted. Intended to sleep at the locker for like half an hour but woke up 2 hours later. Late big time.

Was supposed to meet up with this guy for a freelance photographer position. It's on part-time basis and on flexible timings. Initially planned on meeting up at 2115hrs but since I'm very late, I thought, there goes my chance. However, I checked my phone and was delighted to received an SMS from him saying that he will be late also. Haha, luck is on me. Made my way to Coffee Bean at Boat Quay, which was the planned meeting point however he called to direct me to his office nearby. His office turned up to be a studio with full set-up. I'm impressed. Had a casual chat for like an hour. At the end of it, he offered me a trial for an upcoming wedding shoot eventhough he knew of my limited experience. What can I say, I grabbed the offer on the spot.

The only setback was my irregular shifts and my lack of equipments. Well, I'll cross the bridge when I come to it.

Heres my wishlist if I intended to proceed further;

1 - Lens 18-70mm f/3.5-4.6
2 - Lens 50mm f/1.8
3 - Flash SB 600
4 - Back-up hard drive
5 - Batteries
6 - Others

Not to worry, there's the option of renting the items if I have to.

Helmi

4 comments:

chinggg said...

he's forever ma idol!!!

Edz GorGor said...

wow ... din know that u r a professional photographer, keep up the good work!!!

pls share some of your masterpiece

Helmi said...

I'm still learning in photography so don't call me professional photographer leh. Call me perogol better, hehe. Oooops.

ah fun said...

idol my ass lar.. he's damn arrogant. i shall strike him off the list of artistes we shld have staying with us in future. ;P